Friday, September 30, 2011

The Cast: Family Edition

Now that you've met Husband, I'll introduce you to the rest of my family.  Let's start with Mum and Dad.. and yeah, I know, they're super cute.

John and Debbie
Mum and dad had many professions when I was a kid. Between the two of them, they conquered truck driving, factory work, computer work, delivering papers, and I'm sure a whole lot of stuff that I don't even remember.  However, when I was a senior in High School they added one final career to their resumes.  They became Pastors.  This calling wasn't too far from stuff they had going on the side.  They were quite popular as song evangelists and preachers.  In fact, one church liked them so much, they asked them to be their full time Pastors.  

Let me tell you the kind of parents my Mum and Dad are.  The year the church called them just happened to be my Senior Year in High School.  Bethel was about an hour and a half away from where Skowhegan.  My parents discussed it, and decided it wasn't fair to move since I only had one year left.  So for that whole school year, my parents commuted to the church, all so I could graduate with my friends.  So every Friday night, we would pack up and head to Bethel, stay the weekend and travel back home Sunday night so I could be at school Monday morning.  I know it was inconvenient for them, but they never once complained.  They probably never knew how much that meat to me.

Mum and Dad are now retired and living in Florida.  They live just a few short minutes from my grandparent's winter home.  One winter they decided they were done with Maine winters.  The looked for a home in FL, and a few short months later, they moved.  I miss them, but I think it was the right move.

Next I would like to introduce you to my older brother, Joe, and his wonderful wife, Donna.
Joe and Donna
Joe was your typical older brother.  He would chase and torture me, but then be as sweet as candy the next minute.  He probably doesn't remember this, but I remember him telling me I was pretty one day with those "blue eyes and blonde hair".... it stuck with me all these years.  But then again, so did him chasing me around the house, with me trying to get away from him by fleeing into mom and dad's room.  My brother and I are much closer these days.  It's funny how adulthood does that to folks.

And his wife is phenomenal!  I have to admit, I didn't know her all that well until a little over a year ago.  But since this whole illness thing has sidelined me, I have gotten to know her very well.  In fact, sometimes I have to remind her that she's married to my brother, so she can stop sharing... lol.  But if I had a choice to go back in time and avoid all this but not get to know her, I would go through all this again, she means that much to me!


Next up is my little sister, Crystal, and her husband, Shaun.

Crystal and Shaun

Crystal, a.k.a Sister, is 9 years younger than me.  When we were kids, she was a biter (yes, she's outgrown it), and spoiled rotten!!  We've had some good times together.  In fact, I'll do another blog about Sister, just to share some of those stories.  We are as close as sisters can be.  Her family lives with mum and dad, but we make sure to keep in touch via Skype.  In fact, it is not uncommon for us to Skype 4-6 hours at a time.  We will start around mid morning, have lunch together, we take potty breaks and then meet back at our computers.... yeah, it's marathon Skyping for sure.  

Shaun is Crystal's husband.  If my memory serves me right, my mom introduced them.  She found out Shaun was single, and dragged my sis over to him.  And now, they're married with the cutest little girl, Liliana.  Prepare yourself, she is super cute....
Liliana
Isn't she just the cutest?!  One day, my sister said that Lili was playing with her toy computer and was pretending to Skype with me.  She brought the computer over to Sister to say hello.  And these days, every time it's time to say goodbye, she doesn't want to say bye.... she wants to say Hi.  And then she wants to sing every song she knows for me.  Yes, we can Skype for 6 hours, and she doesn't want anything to do with me.  Time to say goodbye?  All of a sudden, she can't bear to see me go.


A few days ago, we told her that I would be coming to visit soon.  Sister asked her if she was excited.  Her reply, "I'm excited to see Auntie on the street. Come live with us Auntie."  Yeah, if I lived closer, she would be totally spoiled... well, more than she already is...lol.

So that's the family.  You'll get to know them a little better the longer you read.  Sometimes I swear my family could be a sitcom.  So stay tuned!

Until next time...

















1 comment:

  1. :)
    I wonder if I could skype that long...and yes, you niece is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, and comments for me!